Dad Camps Out On Bridge To Protest Supreme Court Abortion Ruling


A 42-year-old dad camped out on top of a bridge in Washington, D.C. last week to protest the US Supreme Court’s ruling to overturn Roe v. Wade.

The Frederick Douglas Memorial Bridge is just a mile away from the Supreme Court building, where nine Justices voted 5-4 to make abortion rights an individual State issue, with over 20 almost certain to now outlaw it.

Upset by the landmark ruling, which overturned the original 1973 decision, Guido Reichstader scaled the bridge last Friday – even sleeping at the very top on Friday night.

Dad was able to make the world aware of his protest after writing a tweet on the bridge, writing: “Hello over the Frederick Douglass bridge in Washington DC right now and I want to know why you are not on the streets.

Reichstadter has revealed to Business Insider why he has taken such drastic measures after the decision, which has led to protests on the streets of D.C., as far as the Pyramid Stage in Glastonbury this past weekend.

He described his “emotional, very, very strong reaction” to the decision, saying: “I could not do anything.”

He said, after the leaking of the legal framework in May, he would wake up ‘panting’ thinking about the future and the rights of his 12-year-old daughter.

“There has never been a point in American history where human rights have been so severely abused and compromised,” Reichstadter added.

The protest was visible at street level, as he let go of the green light, and waved the same colored flag while standing casually above the arch.


“Arches are designed in such a way that any healthy person can climb them,” Dad told Insider.

“It seems like the designers just take it for granted that people are going to have a good idea of ​​not climbing. Well, when I saw them, I realized they needed to be considered.”
“Tens of millions of women wake up with no control over their bodies and that’s why I’m on this bridge. “

My father is not an activist, he has worked with ‘Rise Up 4 Abortion Rights’ before.

This led to his arrest, after colluding with obstacles around the High Court earlier this year.

Officials closed the bridge on Friday and part of the weekend, and the Reichstadter finally went down at will on Saturday.

He was immediately arrested by the Metro Police Department – According to Fox News.

More Health News : CLICK HERE

Source of the News : CLICK HERE

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.